If a registrant is unable to attend an event for any reason they may substitute, by arrangement with the registrar, someone else from the same institute/organization.
Where the registrant is unable to attend, and is not in a position to transfer his/her place to another person, then the following refund arrangements apply:
- Registrations cancelled more than 30 days before the event will be refunded 80% of the registration fees.
- Registrations cancelled less than 30 but more than 15 days before the event will be refunded 50% of the registration fees.
- Registrations cancelled less than 15 days before the event will not be eligible for a refund.
- Registrations cancelled due to a declared state of emergency within their jurisdiction are eligible for a refund less a $15 processing fee. Registrants will need to provide a copy of the declared state of emergency to the LEPA office.
Emergency Illness or Death of Registrant or Immediate Family Member
Refunds may be granted if an attendee is unable to attend the conference due to a family death, illness, or other extraordinary circumstance approved by the LEPA board of directors. In such a circumstance, the Main Office must be contacted by phone, letter or e-mail. If initial notification is by phone, it must be followed up in writing within 15 days. Refunds will still be subject to the $15 processing fee and the membership fee will be retained for those non-member registrations.
Refunds will not be granted for no-shows (registrants who do not attend the conference with no prior notice of cancellation). Delegates assume full responsibility for notification to and verification of receipt by the LEPA office.
Refunds will be made in the following ways:
- For payments received by credit or debit cards, the same credit/debit card will be refunded.
- For all other payments, a bank check will be made to the payee.